Wednesday 29 May 2013

the spark moment...

The idea of taking to the open seas with a crew is exhilarating, on my own - simply petrifying. Here is where it all began. Years ago I read Claire Francis' book 'Come hell or high water' it sparked a desire to sail the world. I thought I want to do that; but Not on my own. That was over 2 decades ago. It was just a dream, then this year I saw a competition, and thought 'what have I got to loose' not considering that I might win. That's where the 'I'll throw in an application' came from. But then I was lovingly hounded for a day and I am thrilled I was - they were trying to pin me down to tell me I WAS A FINALIST!!!!! I know writing in caps is a bit like you're shouting, but I was - I had to keep checking my e-mails, it didn't sink in. I'd never entered a competition before. 

After a nervous start and winds gusting in the channel of force 7ish, they were a bit gale force - little gusty I was thinking. There were nervous - moments and the awkward 'disco legs', why at those crucial moments in life do my legs take on a life of their own, jiggling, wiggling and generally being a little inconvenient.

Well enough of wiggling legs, we were grouped into competition legs and were introduced to our lovely hosts from Gore-tex Experience Tours and Henri Lloyd.......

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you! Can't wait to keep track of your progress.
    love
    Si and Kath
    xx

    ReplyDelete